Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grid Project


For the grid project, i got an old tennis racked I found at the thrift store and used it's grid as a guideline to string beads.
(Left- Front View) (Right- Back View)
(Bottom - Up Close)


3 comments:

  1. Very good design of the beads with the Butterfly and or Moth design. I liked how you modified the tennis racket to fit the grid project concept. Very good idea.

    The light shining through the beads also adds a cool effect. Only opinion I have is that I wish you could do something to the racket exterior and its handle. Prehaps wrap it in electrical tape.

    However on the other hand, this may ruin the grid concept and leave out the art history of the racket.

    My thought was just trying to add more of your own art to the whole racket, but now that I think about it, prehaps what you did is best.

    Well, just an idea. Anyhow I really liked your idea and project. Pretty Clever

    Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of colors! It really popped out at me. I'm glad you did a design (butterfly) because it really added more depth to the grid.

    I never would have thought to use a racket... very creative choice for a grid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really cool, a great decontextualization of the racket. In addition stringing those beads must have taken so long to do.

    ReplyDelete